Top: Nordstrom (in other colors)// Skirt: Forever 21 (similar) // Blazer: Loft (old) // Bag: Stella & Dot (Similar) // Necklace: Stella&Dot // Heels: Ralph Lauren via Marshalls (old)
Whew, it's Monday! What a weekend. If you follow me on Instagram (@katherine0414) then you know it was a busy and crazy weekend. I was able to score a few pieces from Lilly Pulitzer launch at Target. It was so much fun to actually get a few things. I know I don't need any of it, especially my daughter, but I was really impressed with the quality and fun prints. Yes, Target really did do it again. Now I'm really on shopping freeze. Which is a good thing, since I could wear this top all.the.time. I wore it last week for work (pictured on this post) and wore it again yesterday for a late lunch with B's family. And you will see it again :)
I bought a toddler dress (4/5), toddler eyelet top (18 months), crop eyelet top (4/5) and shorts (girls 6).
The only dress I bought for myself. Love it more when I tried it on. It's a busy pattern so I put a belt on to define my waist.
A few more items I bought in store- make up bags, beach blanket, plates, martini glasses, headband, bobby pins and nail polish.
I have 3 more items that have shipped that I was able to get online before site crashed. I have 4 more items that show processing but no email confirmation. Don't think I will ever see those items! :(
Overall, I loved everything at Lilly for Target. I don't like the response some customers have expressed. It was a fun experience!
Here are some tips that I picked up from shopping this collection:
1) Set a budget! You will quickly blow throw it but keeping a budget will keep you conscious of how much you really want to spend.
2) Browse the look book days before and save your favorites.
3) Set up a Target account and better yet, apply for Red card if you don't have one. This always gives you free shipping no matter how much you spend.
4) Online Shopping- Twitter and Instagran is your best friend. I was checking Target online every hour starting at 9pm. Right before midnight, some links were leaked. If you really wanted to score some items, you had to be on the lookout. I was able to buy the pineapple sandals this way. Don't be undecisive. I had a shift dress ready to buy and took too long to add to cart, it was gone in minutes.
At around midnight, Twitter and Instagram accounts announced Midnight launch (PST). We had to wait for West coast to hit midnight. At that point, I knew I had better chance getting girl stuff than women. Midnight came, and I had my iPad and iPhone open. I went straight to toddler maxi dress and sandals. Bought each one separately. I have all 3 items on the way.
5) In store- get there early. Pick a store that you know will not be as crowded. The selection might not be as good, but it's better than nothing. We have about 4 Targets within 10 mile radius. We went way out of our way to another Target. Got there at 830am. No lines and got quite a few things. The Target closest to my house sold out of everything in 5 minutes. (I laughed thinking about us crazy shopaholics. It made Cnn!)
6) Check back for in store returns. The collection and most of them at Target are limited. This collection has a 14 day return policy. I don't think there'll be too many returns though. Anything I don't want, I will sell (for same price!) to close friends or give them as gifts.
Another note, shame on those people making huge profits on EBay!